Property Search

To see all available properties, click the search button with all options untouched.




Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s)

All domestic and commercial buildings in the UK available to buy or rent must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). If you own a home, getting an energy performance survey done could help you identify ways to save money on your energy bills and improve the comfort of your home.

What are EPC’s?

Have you seen the Energy stickers that come on new appliances like washing machines and fridge-freezers? They generally show a scale with a rating indicated on them, indicating how energy-efficient the item is. EPC’s are similar in that they let viewers know how costly a property will be to heat and light, and what its carbon dioxide emissions are likely to be.

An EPC also shows what the rating will be if improvements are made highlights cost-effective ways to better achieve a more favorable rating. Even if you rent, some improvements noted on the EPC may be worth implementing, such as switching to energy-efficient light bulbs.

An EPC is valid for 10 years from its issue date.

Why get an EPC?

An EPC needs to be available to potential buyers as soon as you start to market your property for sale or rent. The production of an EPC must be performed by an approved Domestic Energy Assessor.

Where can I get more information?

If you would like more general information on energy and how your use of it can be improved, an excellent resource is the Energy Saving Trust. Alternatively, you can contact us using the short form at the bottom of this page, or call our very own Domestic Energy Assessor, Nicki Holland on 01472 698698.

Request more information or a callback

If you would like our Domestic Energy Assessor to call you to discuss EPC options or to book an EPC appointment, make sure to leave your phone number below.

    NAEA Ombudsman Ombudsman SafeAgent ARLA NFOPP HHCOC